Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 20: Jolly Rancher Vodka

This pin begins my adult fun posts! He other a, I starts making vodka flavored things. One of the tasty ideas I found on pinterest was for jolly rancher flavored ones!

All you do is stick jolly ranchers in a jar. Add vodka. Let it sit for 24 or so hours until all the jolly rancher has dissolved into said vodka. Toss it in the freezer to cool it down, and bam! Jolly Rancher flavored vodka just like that. Easier than pie.

Pre dissolved.

Post dissolved.



Tips:

-it dissolves faster if the pieces are crushed.if you plan on using crushed pieces, be sure to crush them in a ziplock bag, as this gets very messy.

-this is strongly flavored! If you don't want as much flavor, don't add as many jolly ranchers. (based on 12 candies for 10 oz of vodka)

-Use a glass jar and make sure there is no remaining scent in it. That could make your vodka taste funky.


I imagine this will work well with life savers or other hard candies, but candies like skittles require an entirely different method.


Unrelated, but I am no longer going to go by my categorized days, atleastl not right now.

Disclaimer: Drink responsibly, and do not for any reason give this to your children.

Happy drinking!



Curious as to what I'm doing? See the original post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment