Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 26: Planner Pt. 2 - The Pages


I previously posted about the binder part of my planner, but not the pages, and as with all planners, the pages become the most important part of having one in the first place, right?  Well, at first, I made my own templates inspired by a few pinterest posts including this one, and a few of them stuck:

My montly planner pages:



My Random Thoughts on blog topics quick plan notes page:



My Projects Page (and lists!):

 

My Journal Pages:



My Meal Planning Page:


My List Template Pages:


My Finance Pages:


And My Notes Pages:



As for the actual day planner pages, I made this template, but as you can see, its too... crowded?  I really don't like it too much. 



So, instead, I'm going to use >THIS< weekly planner template from diyplanner.com and a notes page for planning out my actual day.  That way I still have my main things on the weekly part and then my actual day/to do list/goals on its own page, so no crowding!  Here's an example of today's plans:



Yep, that's it.  Ok, no it isn't!  How can I not show off my crafty dividers?  I mean, really.  The tabs are just those sticky page marker things you can find at virtually any store in existence.  (Except maybe whole foods.  I'm not sure if they sell any stationary.  Or the Commissary.  Not sure there either.  Anyway, you get the point.)


 Of course, in this section is all the planner-y things, like month, weekly, and daily pages.  This is my sanity section for sure.
 Here's where I keep up with all my current projects as well as a list of ones I want to start, and even a list of ten minute crafts with kids for those boring cold days.
 Here's where I'm attempting to keep a food journal (which I haven't even made the template for or found a good one I like yet...) as well as my grocery and meal planning pages.  In here is also a list of everyone's favorite foods as well as foods they highly dislike.
 Here's where I'm keeping up with the blog topics I haven't written about as well as the short notes on each topic section. 

 This section contains all my journaly things.  I quite like to journal and write, so I figured this section would be quite the use for my sanity.
 This section contains exactly what it says it does.  My routines (or moreso what I want my routines to be), the kids' routines, and my general and specific goals can be found here.  Not much more than that in it.
 In here you can find my cleaning lists, my to read list, and pretty much everything in between, as well as my wish list.  I love lists, can't you tell?
Here, you'll find my budget and my spending tracker pages.  I'm hoping we can become a little better at money management through watching what goes where and how to more effectively budget.  This section -should- help, and so far, it actually is useful.
In this section, you'll find the random things, like a quick reference address book.  Actually, that's about all that's in there for now, but I imagine more will soon arise that I will put in there.  Like when to- garden planning section, because you know, I'm going to try and probably fail at growing things this year.
Lastly, this section is another self explanatory.  I mean, what else could "notes" mean other than, well, notes? 



I must add, this is what happens when your daughter gets her lisa frank stickers taken away because she stuck them EVERYWHERE.  I'm quite pleased, to be honest, as my planner wouldn't be NEARLY as cool if she behaved.  >___>

As for those dividers, they are made from colored cardstock, some really pretty scrapbook paper, lisa frank stickers, ribbon, and hearts cut from my cricut machine.  I had too much fun, obviously, but atleast this is quite useful!

AND, because no planner is complete without the perfect pen, I must show up close this awesome pen I found at Tedi's.  Its a fountain cartridge pen, and I have fallen madly in love with it!  Of course, I could spend too much money on a super expensive sleek black one, but why when I could spend a whole five euro on this pretty pink simple one?  That way, if I lose it, I can potentially get another.  (A cashier at the commissary tried to take it one day, as did the bagger.  She didn't get much of a tip that day.)  Also, I can make it write ANY color I want, so long as I can find the ink cartridges for it.  Anyway, here's my pen:


And my scratch n sniff root beer sticker.  =D  Also, see, I got these cartridges for 1 euro..  Fifty of them with about...5 or 6 different colors.



I think that's everything!  Hope this has inspired you to get creative.  Tell me about it!  Would you use this?  Why or why not?  What works best for you when planning?

5 comments:

  1. Jeanie, I'm glad you like them! So far, so good!

    Flyinghorse, I keep forgetting to take pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I am printing your pics to show my 10yr old who wants to customize her planner to make it more interesting. WOW! She has trouble remembering to look at her school planner b/c she says "it's so BORING!" She won't be able to use THAT excuse now! Makes me want to make one too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete