Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Days 28 - 30: Smoothies!

This past week I've been suffering from a not so pleasant cold, and instead of any soups, all I've wanted to eat were random smoothies.  So, taking advantage of this awesome opportunity to use some of the pins I've found on smoothies, I took off to the kitchen! (and the grocery store.)





First up in my pinterest smoothie round up is this most delicious banana peanut butter breakfast smoothie.  The ingredients include, oats, a banana or two, peanut butter, and some milk.  AND its almost thick enough to just be ice cream if you freeze enough of the bananas.  YUM.  Amazing breakfast.  Only thing I wanted to add but didn't have was some almonds.  Next week....   By the way, it goes GREAT with Skyrim.  Just sayin'. 



Next, we have the all wonderful Strawberry smoothie!  This smoothie is yogurt, strawberries, ice, vanilla, milk, and sugar.  I personally didn't add any sugar.  Instead, I just added about a tablespoon of honey.  And a banana.  PERFECT.  (Oh, and only one teaspoon of vanilla, and used vanilla yogurt.)   Still Perfect.  I am most definitely buying ALL the frozen strawberries on Saturday.  So if any of you go looking for them, expect none.

(By the way, photo credit goes to the pinterest link for this one.)



Lastly we have the most amazing orange julius smoothie I've ever had.  Why?  Well, no artificial ingredients of course!  And so much awesome all in one glass!  If you've never had a smoothie of this type, I suggest going to your local store ASAP and making this.  I hadn't tried one until a friend made some at her house one day.  Then, I was HOOKED.  I wanted one so bad, but all we had were real oranges, and real ingredients.  How in the world was I suppoed to go get orange concentrate being as lazy as I am?  Nevermind.  Found this much better recipe.  Fair warning though, DO NOT use yogurt in this.  It decreases the awesome by about 50%.  



Do you have a favorite smoothie!?  What is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment