Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 33: Painting Jugs

I have been saving up a few juice containers the past week or two so we could use them to plant our seeds in.  Well, yesterday, while browsing pinterest, I came across painted wine bottles, painted mason jars, painted terrainiums in random containers, and a myriad of other random painted things.  This gave me the brilliant idea of painting our garden containers!  Why not?  Here's how they turned out.


Of course, I was hoping I'd get a beautiful shining picture of the sun showing right through our painted jugs, but of course, this is germany, and while I tried to get a good picture of that, the sun disappeared before I had a chance.

Anyway, if you want to do this, its such a simple process.  Cut your jug.  Take a lighter to the rim of where you cut and dull it down by slightly melting the plastic.  Wash, dry, and paint.


I'll show you more when it comes time to plant!  My daughter is super duper excited to be planting a garden this year!  I can say ME TOO!  I've never actually successfully grown anything, so hopefully this year will be different since I have friends to help explain everything, a few books I've ordered, more patience, and the internet.  I'm hoping things grow, but if not, at least I will know what to do differently next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment