Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 31-32: Pie Page and some Robots

Slowly, but surely, I've been managing to get a few of the quiet pages done.  I figured you'd probably want to see them, right?  Well when I found this cute little pie page on pinterest, I decided it HAD to be done, simply because I needed a weave me page, and pies are just that awesome.    We have a simple cherry pie.

The outer circle measures 9 inches.  I cut an inner circle out at 8 inches.  Make sure you measure the pie filling at 9 inches too or you'll have a small problem like I did.  Some of the back green fabric is showing through the pie in a small spot.  Yep I was dumb enough to use the inner 8 in circle as my pattern.

Then just take a sheet of fet and cut out 9 inch strips.  10 strips to be exact. 




And the robots.  Nothing to see here, just some puffy robots that slide along some yarn.   Simple, but I figured my son would like it since I used the excess fabric from making is favorite blanket.



I guess now would be a great time to mention the actual making of the page:

I took twice the measurement of each page, and cut the fabric to that, but added two extra inches.

So the fabric page will measure 10 x 10 on each side.  So I cut the fabric for two pages at 12 x 22, since I'd want 10 x 20 to show. 


I then pinned batting on the inside, and stitched away with details.  Lastly, I just sewed the page together to make one 10 x 10 page with two sides.


For better instructions on this, check out THIS link.  (my second pin making this worth TWO days.  WOO!)

No comments:

Post a Comment