Monday, January 9, 2012

Farewell, Sodas and Coffee! And a female home remedy

One of my goals this year was to stop my caffiene addiction in its tracks, so after midnight on New Year's, I stopped the soda drinking.  And the coffee.  And the sweet tea.  Ok, so I've had one cup of sweet tea this week, but nothing of anything else full of sugar AND caffiene.  Honestly, I really haven't had much with sugar in it either.  Yesterday, a friend bought a bag of those mini bite size powdered doughnuts for us to share.  After eating four of them, I couldn't handle any more and spent the next hour with a headache.  I think my need for sugar has lessed, finally!  The only other blatant thing I can think of that contained sugar is a few chocolate chip cookies.  By the way, Guittard makes the BEST chocolate chips in the entire world.  Sadly, we can't get them here, so next time I make cookies, I'll be using german chocolate.  Not sure why I haven't thought of that before. 

Anyway, back on topic!  All that sugar and caffiene aren't in any way healthy, which I'm sure most people know by  now, but check out this article.  It's pretty informative about statistics on caffeine and the amount in different products.  Below is a picture about the amount of caffeine in each item, taken from a different website.  The picture should link you there.  I won't be giving up chocolate (what person would want to do that?), and herbal teas are now a fun part of my morning, but as for the rest of it?  That can go out of my house.  Even the midol. 

You might say, "But how will you survive that horrible curse upon women?"  This is the part where I tell you all about an herbal remedies book I recieved in the mail last week.  In it, there's several solutions to menstrual cramps and problems, one being taking a Vitamin b6 supplement and a calcium supplement, another attesting to adding brewer's yeast to both.  I'll tell you all how that goes for me in a month or so. 

So, all in all, its nice to see this habit disappear.  I haven't craved a soda or anything sugary, even chocolate, aside from a single cookie, and I feel loads better!  Now, just to keep up with regular exercise, and I should began feeling even better both physically and mentally.


How about any of you guys?  Tell me your stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment