Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pin #1 - Chapstick Cupcakes


One might read this title and think, "Who in their right mind would even WANT chapstick cupcakes?!  That sounds terrible."  Well, yeah, they were terrible.  So terrible in fact that now, when I ask my neighbor how bad something tastes, the scale is 1 to chapstick cupcakes.  Nothing I have ever made has tasted worse than these things.  Except, maybe the frosting I put on top of them.  Here's a picture of when my friend took a bite out of one:

"Mmmm chapstick!"


Then, you'll probably be thinking, "but they  looked so tasty in the initial image!"  Yeah, that's because I used the image the original blogger had taken, because for some reason, I didn't think about taking a picture of my Frankenstein of food.  I sincerely hope the blogger doesn't mind, as she's got some pretty neat recipes.

Well, I bet you're wondering what in the world I was trying to make, right?  I had my daughter pick out what she wanted to do for her birthday this year.  She wanted cupcakes, so off to pinterest we went.  Well, the decision to make these lemonade cupcakes with raspberry frosting was made.  By a four year old.  Mom can't possibly mess this up, right?  Wrong.


At first, I don't even know how I messed it up, but then, after reiterating how I made them, I realized that you DO NOT mix lemon juice and milk in at the same time.  That makes buttermilk.  So, if you want to scare your friends away from ever touching your food again, make these!  All you have to do is follow the original recipe, except add the lemon juice and milk in at the same time.  Then get distracted by a needy child for roughly 3-4 minutes.  Return and finish mixing and follow the recipe to the T the rest of the way.  Perfect horrid cupcakes!

Have you learned any kitchen don'ts by trial and error?

No comments:

Post a Comment