Friday, January 4, 2013

One Word Resolutions

Last year, my new year's resolutoin was to stop drinking caffeine, and for the most part, it worked!  I started drinking some a little back before I had the baby, but once she was born, I couldn't drink it without being up all night with a gassy baby, and quite frankly, I LOVE me some sleep.



This year, I thought about what I wanted to be or do, and what would be most important to me in the new year.  I quickly realized that I no longer have time to just sit and do nothing, and afterall doing nothing is boring anyway.  Yet, no matter how often I do things, I still find myself wanting to sit and do nothing.  Why? This makes no sense, as I don't enjoy it, I just find myself doing it.  Then, I remembered a post from a fellow blogger at Momma in Progress.  She follows the one word idea, and this year, I think I'll do that too.


What do I want my year to bring?  Productivity.  I no longer want to spend my time doing meaningless things or ignoring important tasks to do less demeaning ones.  I need more purpose in my life, and I think that if I live the next year being productive, after a year, it should be a life style.  Afterall, why spend what I can't afford?

How about you?  Do you have a good resolution?  Or do you not make them at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment