Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 2 pinterest challenge: Home.

Right now, I wish I had a video of sandy the squirrel from sponge bob singing the song, "I wanna go home, I wanna be a Texas giiiirl...". It fits so well with this post! Anyway...

On the day I am most homesick, I manage to click on the everything button on pinterest. What comes up? This: a pin of my home town posted by someone I do not know or have never even heard of. And right below it? Another pin of one of the decent restaurants at home.

So, here's my home some the wonderful things that make it great.

First off, the people. Pampa, tx as some of the friendliest people ever, and I really miss all most close friends and family. We may be a small family over here, but it just isn't the same without everyone I grew up with, yah know?

Secondly, the super playground! Well, before it was pretty much vandalized to hell. As a kid, it was the place everyone wanted their birthday to be at. It held lots of memories, random games of hide and seek with kids I've never met, the most awesome tire swing ever, and years of fun. Oh, did I mention it was built by the national guard? Pretty awesome place. Too bad some teenagers ruined it.

Next, I must tell you about a few of the restaurants. I know one of the big places I want to go when I'm back home is Dixie's cafe. Not sure why, but I miss it. Maybe tose chicken strips. I also want to go to coney, the decent restaurant pinned here. What wonderful perfectly greasy smothered in chili and cheese burgers they have! Oh, and the pie, except I normally don't eat it. Although, it is probably one of the better parts.

Lastly, miss home because it's home. I wish I could clap my red shiny shoes together and say "there's no place like home." and land myself in my front yard.

Curious as to what I'm doing?  See the original post here!

No comments:

Post a Comment