Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 9 Pinterest Challenge: Bavaria


Bavaria, Germany:


When I decided I wanted to do Fantastic Fridays, I'm not sure where I was going with that.  Last week I talked of my home town, so this week it only seems fitting I talk about where I currently live.  The only problem with that is I don't even know where to start!  I'm currently in Germany and there's so much to do here its overwhelming.  I guess a good place to start would just be Bavaria.

 Here's a few places I want to go/have been and what makes them awesome:


Garmisch/Edelweiss lodge and resort:

This place is aboslutely beautiful.  While it is quite a long drive from where we are, the trip was worth it.  I'm not sure if the lack of kids made it all the better, but I'd love to go back here.  I'd also love to go hike up Zugspitze too, but that one probably won't happen.


Edelweiss lodge view

The Eagle's Nest:

This place kindof just turned out to be an old historical tea house with a golden elevator turned into a restaurant on top of a mountain.  I was a little dissapointed in the erasing of pretty much all the WW2 history other than the building of the road to it, but I guess if we would have taken the tour (that didn't start for another week or so), it would have been better and more historical, as we did go there for the history part and not the food part. 

Pretty cool place, nonetheless, though.  If you love hiking, I think you'll enjoy it.  There's a few trails around there going up and down the mountain.

The trail down the mountain

The tea house


Nuremburg:

I think that pin is of Nuremburg because I've seen it before, but I could be wrong.  Either way, this city is full of lots of awesome, a neat castle, several interesting markets throughout the year, and a world of fun.  You just have to go looking for it.


One of the cathedrals

The castle from the gardens


The city from the castle



Neuschwanstien Castle:

This has to be one of the most famous castles in the world.  While the outside is fantastic, the inside only has four of the rooms completed simply because the king died before he could complete it.  Also, this is the castle Disney based Cinderella's castle off of at Disney World.

I would LOVE to go here one day.  We are just waiting for mom-in-law and sis-in-law because we know they'll enjoy it too.

Favorite picture I found of the castle


Anyway, that's about it on this edition of Bavaria.  There's tons more to do and see around here, and I plan on it, so I'll share as I vacation around.  I'm sure I missed several awesome things in this area, particularly anything about Munich.

Have a great day and happy traveling!



1 comment:

  1. Wow that is so beautiful!! I went to Germany eons ago,before kids,hubby and responsibility...what a beautiful gorgeous views...one day.lol

    ReplyDelete