Tuesday, April 17, 2012

10 Things I Wish I Could do Right Now.

Its Tuesday, which means Many Little Blessings is hosting her Top Ten Tuesday linkup.  Go check out her blog and perhaps link up as well!

Top Ten Tuesday at Many Little Blessings

Today is not exactly the best pregnant day, but it isn't the worst.  I keep looking at my not so clean house and list of to dos that need done soon.  ..And it is overwhelming to say the least.  So, instead of making a shortened list of things I need to do, instead, I'll make a list of things I wish I could do.  Dreaming is always relaxing, right?


10.  I wish I could call a house cleaning service and hire a maid.  Ok, my house isn't -that- bad, but its pretty messy for my standards.  I've just ran out of energy to get things cleaned to how they should be.  Of course, the first trimester always manages to kick my butt like no other, so hopefully with it ending in less than a week, I can finally have some of my energy returned.  Or so I hope.  Oh how a house keeper would be wonderful!


9.  I wish I could go on a really long hike.  The sun is out, the weather is warmish, and quite frankly, I need more exercise.  What would be better than hiking up some mountain?  Preferably Zugspitze!  That'd be a beautiful hike.


8.  Sleep.  I wish I could just go back to sleep for a few days.  Oh that'd be wonderful!  Maybe I wouldn't feel so drained and exhausted.  Especially considering my children had me up at six this morning.  Too early.


7.  Sewing.  With a good machine.  I have a sewing machine, and I love to sew, but this machine never works for me.  It always manages to string the thread in all sorts of impossible ways.  And I'm not even sure what could possibly be wrong with it.


6.  I wish I didn't have to cook.  Ok, I love cooking, I really do!  But not when everything just smells unpleasant and makes me not feel too great.  Looks like I'll be enjoying a ton of chocolate milk today.


5.  Reading.  I wish that I had time to read.  I started reading The Game of Thrones because HBO is too slow in telling me what happens next.  The problem?   I'm a mom.  Finishing a 1000 page book or five isn't exactly on my "I have time for this" list, at least, I haven't found out how to make time for it yet.   How do you make time for such things?


4.  I wish I could get my yard dug up so I can plant all the things I intended on planting.  They should be in the ground by now!  But first, I have to paint my fence and till up the yard.  And to do that, I need paint and a tiller.  Or a shovel/hoe.  So long as the dirt loosens.


3.  Taking a bubble bath would be wonderful!  Oh how I do love baths.  Especially baths that include a good book and lots of bubbles!


2.  In second place comes laundry.  Why would I want to do laundry?  Well, I don't.  I wish I could convince laundry to wash, fold, and put away itself.  Harry Potter style would be awesome and probably be most effective.


1.  And the top thing I wish I could do?  I wish I could eat and eat and eat and not get sick or gain a ton of weight.  I miss food, particularly being able to properly enjoy it.


How about you?  What do you wish you could just do instead of all those pesky things that need to be done?

5 comments:

  1. Oh man -- I could totally handle hiring someone to come in and clean (and do the laundry too!). Like you, my house isn't that bad, but it would be nice to have someone else doing the work. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If all else fails, just having a working harry potter wand would be great. :D

      Delete
  2. I would have someone come to clean our house. We're having an Open House on Saturday, we have an 18 month old and 3.5 year old, and I'm 37 weeks pregnant. Let's just say I'm exhausted and nesting is not happening for me! Hope you can get some of your wishes accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo that sounds very exhausting! I do hope that your open house as well as moving with a new baby thing goes well! And labor. Sounds like a plateful.

      Delete
  3. I would love someone to cook for me. All the time!!!!
    I would do cleaning, laundry, baking, etc if only someone would just cook all my meals and make them healthy. :)

    ReplyDelete