Friday, March 23, 2012

7 Quick Takes (1)

Since Tuesday's Top Ten Linkup turned out to be quite fun, I decided to join another one my seemingly popular friend at Momma in Progress likes to do.  This one is fairly simple; just talk about seven things too short for their own post.  The linkup is hosted over at Conversion Diary, so feel free to join too if you wish! Here's the link up link.

7 quick takes sm1 Your 7 Quick Takes Toolkit!

I've just had a few little things on my mind lately, but none if it really seems to be able to create an entire blog post.  I guess that's why this link up was created, huh.


1.  I only have two more quiet book pages and a million little pieces to go!  Almost done with one of them anyway.  Those little barn puppets aren't turning out like I'd hoped for though.  Off to find a template!

2.  My children decided we absolutely positively NEEDED to grow corn this year.  I have no clue about where to even start with that one.  This should be interesting.   Any tips?

3.  Showers are amazing.  'Nuff said.  Though, I'm having trouble finding a good shampoo/conditioner combo that helps my hair in this hard hard water.  Do you guys have any suggestions?

4.  Today is "frantically catch up on all the housework" day because the husband comes home and I was lazy for two whole days.  Yep, there's a carpet of dog hair that requires my attention.   Good news!  My dog brush vacuum attachment came in yesterday, so hopefully that might help a little with the whole situation.

5.  Snacking is seriously helping my morning sickness.  And by snacking, I mean just eating fruits, veggies, and nuts through out the day.  Next week, I'll have to go back to having actual meals with the family because the husband isn't exactly the biggest fan of cereal for dinner, but that's alright.  I need to try to eat something meaty anyway, as I'm not exactly a very good protein matcher.

6.  My poor poor camera has gone MIA.   I seriously have no idea where to even look.

7.  Lastly, my roses got a bit of frost bite last night because I forgot to bring them inside in time.  Most are still a pretty red though.  In other news, my tiny tiny onion sprout decided it needed to bold and produce a seed.  I didn't realize it was a seed until I pinched it off the plant.  I'm pretty sure it won't grow anything, as they aren't supposed to seed -that- fast, or really until the onion bulb has atleast started to form.  Oh the joys of gardening.

4 comments:

  1. Dropping in from Quick Takes.

    Re #7--the onion. Are you sure it wasn't just the outer coating of the seed the onion had just sprouted from? I start leeks indoors from seed (a close relative of onions) and see this quite frequently.
    Onions (and all other flowering plants) have to produce flowers before they can set seeds, and onion flowers form a very noticeable ball of blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, that is very very possible. Did I prevent possible future growth when I picked it off?

      Delete
    2. No. Even if it lost a little bit of the tip of the leaf, it will never know the difference. Like our hair, onion leaves grow from the base, not the tip.

      Delete