Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Potty Training and Exercise Rant

Because, you know, using the potty is so much better in the kitchen.


Today, I've determined that working out is just out of the question.  Well, in reality, I've had quite a workout today.  My precious sweet little boy decided this past week it is time to use the potty!  Yay!  Except, by using the potty, he means it in toddler language, which roughly translates to, "No diaper!?  I'll pee on ALL THE THINGS." All. The. Things.  So, I've been following him around, and every time I see him start to pee or look like he has to go, I'll pick him up and take him to the potty, which is starting to turn into a game.  My favorite so far is definitely his bought with the building blocks.  This little genius decided he needed to pee on a tower of blocks, so he built one about six blocks high, and peed.  Then he proceeded to become furious because the blocks just did not fall over.  Followed by him being upset because they were wet.  Hopefully, he will realize that peeing on his toys is always a bad idea.  *crosses fingers*  We shall see!

In leu of that, any particular tips you have to share on potty training a boy?  He seems to be excited and greatly enjoys playing this game.  I find he goes more and uses the little potty if I allow him to play with the iPad, which works for now, but who knows how long that trick will last.


Now, back to the exercise part.  Soon, we will have a nice naptime, a much needed one at that.  And by that, I mean, the kids will sit back, relax, and hopefully sleep while I work out.  Why?  Well, pregnant or not, if I wanna fit into my clothes, some of this fat HAS TO GO.  Of course, we are on a pretty successful healthy diet, and portion control, but for some reason, food isn't the only factor in losing extra fat.  One also must exercise in some form.  I've been enjoying doing those hardcore p90x workouts.  Granted, I don't do it every day, and never have been able to, it still works out almost everything everywhere, which is nice.  But with the lack of energy from growing a baby, that workout needs replaced by something a little easier.  If I didn't have to survive the day with kids, I'd have no problem expending every little tiny bit of my energy doing that, but now, impossible.   Oh, and I don't like going outside for exercise.  Maybe its the whole feeling of being judged or, you know, the cold wet weather of Germany, but I haven't exactly managed successfully doing anything like that outside much.

On a slightly related note, I love yoga, especially when pregnant.  I did it during my last pregnancy, and I'm pretty sure it helped everything go as smoothly as it did, which is great, but I ended up getting rid of that video and can't for the life of me remember which one it was.

Now, my question to you is this:  What workouts do you do?  How about when expecting?  Any you could reccommend?  Any reccommended prenatal yoga videos?

No comments:

Post a Comment