Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Introduction: Why change?

For starters, lets go to the beginning.  About a month ago, I realized all things wrong with my diet, my house, and overall, my life.  I realized I wasn't getting anywhere near the best quality out of my life and how I was living is no longer going to cut it.  Of course, there will still be lazy days, and there will still be spend hours in the bathroom after a bad dinner turned into a trip to burger king, and least of all, there will still be jammie days full of nothing at all, and that is ok, so long as it isn't every day.  So many things needed changing. 

I wanted to go from this:

to this:

Greetings from McHell.  The place that serves you unhealthy grease and MAKES YOU LIKE IT!  Yeah.  I was pretty addicted, and it tastes amazing, that is, until it hits your stomach and pretty much goes out the other end.  Now doesn't that steak look so much healthier?  It, surprisingly, does taste much better, and won't leave you spending hours in the bathroom.  Yay for awesome dinners!




I wanted to go from this:

to this:

Donuts aren't exactly the healthiest choice on the block either.  Trading my afternoon snack from donuts, cookies, brownies, ice cream, and a ton of other unhealthy snacks to veggies sounds like a right choice to me!  What's better than a snack full of yummy vitamins and vibrant colors?  (Of course, I'll definitely post recipes of awesome sweet n healthy snacks!  Those will probably be my first go.)



The second I realized how horrible my diet really was, I decided my goal will forever be to make it a bazillion times healthier, so hubby, myself, and our children would be able to experience a healthy diet of their own as well.  Things needed to change here if we wanted a healthier life, more energy, and overall better everything.  Also, what better reason to learn to cook!?


On top of changing the diet, I wanted to change my house.  Living in a gross mess isn't good for anyone.  Granted, I dont think mine is actually that bad, but it isn't exactly clean either.  I wanted to go from this:

To this:

I mean, come on.  Who doesn't want a clean house?  The question is, how does a person keep a clean house with two kids under the age of three destroying everything ten seconds after it is cleaned?  Hopefully, I'll find that answer soon.


Along with diet and a clean house, I am working on overall changing my attitude about life, love, and the joys of parenting.  Afterall, life isn't easy, and neither is change.  I feel like I need to do so many things to make a better quality of life, so here's to my exploration into the unknown!  I hope you all enjoy reading this, and that the experience isn't just mine alone. 


Cheers to a new lifestyle!


*Credit of images goes to google images search listings.

No comments:

Post a Comment